CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT PAUL R. WITT
Chief Master Sergeant Paul R. Witt is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 163d Attack Wing at March Air Reserve Base (ARB), California. As the senior enlisted leader, he is responsible for matters influencing the health, welfare and professional development of 780 enlisted members. Through enlisted force engagement, he is the communication link between the commander and enlisted community. Additionally, he is responsible for Senior Enlisted mentorship as well as coordinating with outside agencies on mission, vision, core values and commander’s intent.
Chief Witt entered the United States Air Force in July 1988. He attended Technical School as an Aircratft Armament in August 1988, graduating November 1988. He started his Active Duty career at Dyess Air Force Base as a Weapons Load Crew Member. His background includes extensive service in aircraft maintance at the squadron and group level. Chief Witt deployed numerous times in support of Operation SOUTHERN WATCH AND OPERATON NORTHERN WATCH. Chief Witt has served in four major commands, maintaining mulitple aircraft platforms. In April 2012, Chief Witt joined the California Air National Guard. Prior to his current position, Chief Witt was the Squadron Superintendent, 163d Aircraft Maintanence Squadron, March ARB, CA.
1993 Airman Leadership School, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
1999 Associate of Applied Science, Aircraft Armament, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2004 Associate of Applied Science Degree, Instructor Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2010 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide Campus
2017 ANG Chiefs Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2020 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
1. July 1988–August 1988, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. August 1988–November 1988, Student, Technical Training School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. November 1988–March 1993, Weapons Load Crew Member, 96th Munitions Maintenance Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
4. March 1993–October 1995, B-1B Weapons Team Member, 412th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
5. October 1995–November 1996, Weapons Load Crew Chief, 35th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Korea
6. November 1996–October 2005, Weapons Expediter, 522d Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
7. October 2005–February 2010, Fighter Flight Chief, 372d Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Tex.
8. February 2010–April 2012, AETC Liaison, 372d Training Squadron, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
9. April 2012–November 2019, AMXS Superintendent, 163d Maintenance Squadron, March Air Reserve Base, Cal.
10. November 2019-Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 163d Attack Wing
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
California State Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic Jul 15, 1988
Airman Jan 15, 1989
Airman First Class Nov 15, 1989
Senior Airman Jul 15, 1991
Staff Sergeant Jun 1, 1995
Technical Sergeant Jul 1, 2000
Master Sergeant Jan 1, 2005
Senior Master Sergeant Oct 25, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant Sep 5, 2017
(Current as of February 2020)