Colonel Amee C. Howard is Vice Commander of the 163d Attack Wing, March Air Reserve Base, California. She ensures highest combat readiness capabilities by organizing, training, and equipping the total force, including an MQ-9 Initial Qualification Formal Training Unit and the 163d Regional Training Site. Col Howard is also responsible for the effective execution of the 163d Attack Wing mission in support of local, state, and federal authorities. She leads the Headquarters staff, which encompasses Staff Judge Advocate, Inspector General, Chaplains, Safety, Comptroller Flight, Military Equal Opportunity, Information Protection, Public Affairs, Plans and Programs, Command Post.
Colonel Howard is a native of Orangevale, Calif. She received her commission in 1997 through Air Force ROTC from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, Ariz. Colonel Howard served just under eight years on active duty before entering the Air Force Reserves in 2004. After 16 years in communications and cyberspace, she transitioned to aircraft maintenance and took command of the 507th Maintenance Operations Flight at Tinker Air Force Base, Okla. She has operated on the Pacific Air Forces staff and warfighting center during high-visibility, multinational exercises, and real-world events in the Pacific area of responsibility. She also served as the Deputy Group Commander at the 349th Maintenance Group, Travis Air Force Base, Calif. She then served as Commander of the 452d Maintenance Group where she led over 800 Reserve, Regular and civilian Airmen supporting the fleet of 14 KC-135s and 9 C-17s for global airlift and strategic nuclear deterrence missions. In her previous assignment, she commanded the 163d Maintenance Group, where she led a group of 200 personnel and supported a fleet of eight MQ-9 Remote Piloted Aircraft and their associated Ground Control Stations in support of combat and State operations.
1997 Bachelor of Science Degree in Aviation Computer Science, with a minor in Mathematics, Embry-Riddle University, Prescott, Ariz.
1997 Basic Communication and Information Training School, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2000 Master of Arts Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, with an emphasis on Instructional Technology, Colorado Christian University, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., in residence
2005 Certification in Software Project Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, distinguished graduate, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2017 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1997 – December 1997, Student, T-3 Enhanced Flying Screening Program, 3rd Flying Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. January 1998 – March 2000, Version Release Manager, Space and Warning Systems Center, ESC Detachment 5, Peterson AFB, Colo.
3. March 2000 – November 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, 8th Flying Training Squadron, Vance AFB, Okla.
4. November 2000 – February 2002, Executive Officer, 71st Support Group, Vance AFB, Okla.
5. February 2002 – September 2004, Flight Commander, 552d Computer Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. October 2004 – December 2009, Flight Commander, Communications and Information Systems, 513th Operations Support Flight, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. December 2009 – December 2012, Executive Officer, 507th Maintenance Group,Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. December 2012 – September 2013, Commander, 507th Maintenance Operations Flight, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. October 2013 – September 2014, Director, 507th Maintenance Operations, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. October 2015 – February 2018, Chief, Combat Support Team, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Logistics Plans Division, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
11. February 2018 – April 2019, Deputy Group Commander, 349th Maintenance Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
12. April 2019 – October 2020, IMA to Director, Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Joint Base Pearl-Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
13. October 2020 – July 2022 Commander, 452d Maintenance Group, March ARB, Calif.
14. July 2022 – October 2022, Commander, 163d Maintenance Group, March ARB, Calif.
15. October 2022 – Present, Vice Commander, 163d Attack Wing, March ARB, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor device and two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 9, 1997
First Lieutenant May 9, 1999
Captain May 9, 2001
Major May 2, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel January 4, 2013
Colonel April 1, 2019
(CURRENT AS OF OCOTBER 2022)